- Police boss confirmed death toll has risen to 21 after six more bodies were recovered - President Uhuru stated over 700 people were rescued during the operation which lasted over 24 hours - Those killed were having lunch at the Thai-owned establishment while others were trapped inside offices Tanzania's President Joseph Pombe Magufuli has conveyed his heartfelt condolence to families and friends whose relatives died in DusitD2 Hotel attack on Tuesday, January 15.
- The explosive was left behind by the slain attackers who were killed on Wednesday, January 16 - It has been collected by bomb experts who will detonate it in a safe area - They have cautioned the public not to worry when they her blast as it will be a safe one- - This comes a day after President Uhuru announced all attackers had been killed As more investigations are being conducted into the 14 Riverside Drive attack, detectives have found explosive at the scene of the attack left behind by the attackers.
David Murathe, the immediate former vice chairman of the party threw the first salvo, just as the year started, by claiming that the Deputy President, William Ruto, should not imagine he is in the pole position to succeed President Uhuru Kenyatta.
President Uhuru Kenyatta yesterday warned the financiers and planners of terror attacks that their days are numbered.
And so I think it is important here to make a deviation and first outline why we all ought to be grateful to President Uhuru Kenyatta and the former Prime Minister Raila Odinga for finding a way to pull the country back from the disasters that threatened Kenya less than a year ago.
Sources told the Star yesterday that top security chiefs briefed President Uhuru Kenyatta and advised him on the need to conduct the operation from a central command.
The AU’s statement came just after President Uhuru Kenyatta addressed the nation on the attack where he confirmed the siege was over by 9.30am on Wednesday, January 16.
Read: Riverside attack over, 14 lives lost - Uhuru Also read: Early morning gunfire as more terror attack survivors evacuated from DusitD2 Click here for the latest political news
Earlier, President Uhuru Kenya said security forces had killed all the militants who stormed 14 Riverside Drive in Nairobi.
President Uhuru Kenyatta earlier on Wednesday announced the operation was over, saying all the terrorists had been killed by special forces.