In the latest incident, Janet Ouko resigned as Education CEC on January 7.
Former Nairobi Education executive Janet Ouko has sued Governor Mike Sonko for defamation.
Former Education executive Janet Ouko has sued Governor Mike Sonko for defamation after he linked her to the loss of Sh357 million of county cash.
- Former Nairobi CEC in charge of Education Janet Ouko resigned citing challenges in the sector - Sonko came out saying she resigned over embezzlement of funds in the docket - The county boss said Ouko was part of cartel that had been swindling money from the county - The former CEC threatened to sue the county boss if he does not withdraw and apologise over the allegations Former Nairobi County Education CEC Janet Ouko has issued a seven days ultimatum to governor Mike Sonko to apologise over allegations she embezzled funds meant for poor students or she will seek court redress.
Mr Sonko said the resignation of former Education CEC Janet Ouko would not shake his resolve to ensure that corruption cartels are defeated.
The war of words between former Nairobi County Education executive Janet Ouko and Governor Mike Sonko after their acrimonious falling-out early this month may be headed to court.
Former Nairobi Education executive Janet Ouko has given Governor Mike Sonko seven days to apologise over an alleged defamatory statement he made against her or he faces court action.
Addressing a press conference in Mombasa after a media spat with his former Education CEC , Janet Ouko about misappropriation of bursary funds, Sonko announced he would name a deputy and new CECs with Jane Weru being a firm favourite due to her expertise and professionalism.
Addressing a press conference in Mombasa after a media spat with his former Education CEC Janet Ouko about some misappropriation of bursary funds, Sonko who was now without a speaker and only three CECs in the county announced he would name a deputy and new CECs with Jane Weru being a firm favourite due to her expertise and professionalism.